Students’ Union Vice President
As the Vice President of the Students’ Union you will support the President and play a key role in the development of the Executive Committee. Providing leadership support and enabling the president to achieve the aims and objectives of the Union. You will play a key role in establishing the Executive Committee, Student Constitution and ensuring a year-on-year presence of a Students’ Union. You will develop valuable organisational skills and experience. The role will also provide a range of opportunities to grow your wider skillset, confidence and cross-college profile.
The VICE PRESIDENT of the Weston College Students’ Union shall:
- Work with the President to involve as many students in the Union as possible
- In conjunction with the President be responsible for dealing with students concerns, aspirations and problems in relation to their courses
- Provide support and aid the development and implementation of the SU Strategic Plan providing feedback on progress to students, governors and college management.
- Attend NUS conferences and report back to the Students’ Council
- Be the prime representative of the Union to liaise with the College over any matters affecting students
- Participate fully in Executive Committee meetings
- Arrange training for the Executive Committee following elections
- Ensure that all Officers of the Union provide an update for each meeting of the Students’ Council and for wider circulation
- Be a member of the Student Council and ensure that the decisions made are implemented
- Be a member of the Executive Committee and the Students’ Council, and present reports to each.
Download a copy here