Vote Aaron Wilkins Headford for your VicePresident
Why me for Vice President of the WCSU?
- I want to be there to listen to people’s viewpoints and stand up for them so their voice can be heard
- I am a kind, generous, empathetic person who will be there for those who need it and help in any way I can
- Bring change and improvement like more clubs, social groups, trips and social action.
- I like working with people and I hope to be a teacher one day
- I’m very confident and a great public speaker – I have spoken in front of hundreds of people at a Kumon awards ceremony
- Respect all students' opinions and aid the President and the rest of the Students' Union in ensuring your voices are respected and heard
- Everyone’s concerns are now our concerns – we will strive to make sure you have the best college experience
What do I intend to do?
- I would like to offer more activities in and around the college maybe a cooking/baking club and more choice of sports clubs.
- Trips abroad to be organised for subjects
- Social Action – hold more Charity events throughout the year, like summer fetes to raise awareness for multiple charities of your choice.
- Hold more social discussion groups
- Root for more Personal Tutoring sessions for extra support
- I believe that Wellbeing matters in oneself generally and mentally.
- I am passionate about Wellbeing and Social Action whilst having a responsibility to support, help and bring about changes that are important to you.
- Discrimination or Extremism will not be tolerate.
- To aid the President and the Students’ Union in supporting the student body of Weston College.
- No-one should be afraid to speak out; let their opinions and voices be heard – respect is poignant to Weston College and your Students’ Union.
- NCS – I did a social action project – raising awareness and money for a charity called Jessie May – we raised over £600!
- Student Leadership Team in Secondary school – apart of the behaviour management team at WCSA.
- Maths tutoring at WCSA and Kumon Portishead – helping GCSE Students.
- Teaching staff-assistant at Milton Park Primary School.
- Spoke in front hundreds of people at multiple Kumon Award Ceremonies.
- Work at Kumon Portishead and Weston-super-Mare – Staff Assistant with experience in management and helping students with their work.
- More contribution towards Social Action Projects like holding summer fetes and raising awareness for charities like Jessie May, Cancer Research or Alzheimer’s UK and many more.
- Focus on well-being, hold more social discussion groups.
- Hold more clubs/activities throughout the colleges.
- Provide more study spaces for people who like a quiet space to work.
- An increase in comfortable seating especially in the bistro and café.
- Adapt the use of the common room to avoid disturbing other classes.
- Improve prices of food and drink as they aren’t very competitive – cheaper options are available elsewhere, more variety needed, quality and times needed to be less restricted for SWSC.